Zimbabweans love a cup of tea, although most people drink tea without thinking too much about it. But here are internationally acknowledged facts about your Tanganda Tea. Advantages of tea drinking have been observed by many doctors, dentists, cardiologists, dermatologists, nutritionists and other health professionals. Drinking at least four cups of Tanganda Tea a day means you may tap into the following health benefits.
Stimulation and Alertness
The moderate amount of caffeine in tea is good for stimulation and alertness.
Relaxation and Soothing
The cultivars of tea in your Tanganda cup are particularly rich in Theanine which relaxes and soothes you, adding to the benefits of stimulation and alertness.
Warm drinks are absorbed more quickly than cold, so a cup of tea replaces lost body fluids more rapidly.
A normal intake of tea provides many vitamins and minerals such as Theanine (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin (B6), Calcium, Zinc, Manganese (required for bone growth) and Potassium (for regulating fluid levels within cells). We need 2-5mg of Manganese daily and up to 45 percent of this can be found in five to six cups of tea each day.
Tea has no calories or fat when taken without milk or sugar.
Tea contributes to the highest fluid intake for most people.
Fluids are essential to keep the body going and approximately 50 to 60 percent of our body weight is made up of water.
Like fruit and vegetables, Tanganda Tea is rich in anti-oxidants, which help the body protect itself against various diseases and help slow down the ageing processes. Anti-oxidants can also help your body recover from that big party! The best known vitamins, C, E and beta carotene found in fruit, vegetables, cereals and vegetable oils are known as the 'ACE' vitamins. Flavanols, which occur in tea enhance vitamin C activity.
Free radicals are highly reactive molecules which have been implicated in the slow chain reaction of damage leading to heart disease and cancer. Anti oxidants help to repair the damage caused by free radicals.
Prevents Tooth Decay
- The tea plant extracts fluoride from the soil, which then accumulates in its leaves. For this reason, tea is a rich natural source of fluoride.
- Tanganda Tea contains three to 90 flouride parts per million, which has a positive effect on decay prevention.
- The polyphenols in tea, acting intandem with the fluoride content also help reduce tooth decay.
- It has been proven that tea is one of the most popular drinks to counteract bad breath (halitosis).
- Studies carried out suggest that tea reduces plaque, the scale that causes gum diseases.
Tea helps combat the risk of Coronary Heart Disease
- Tanganda Tea has polyphenols which can decrease blood clotting by inhibiting platelet aggression and lowering fibrinogen levels.
- Although essential for staunching the blood flow at the site of a wound, the clotting process can be dangerous when it leads to clots in the veins or arteries.
- Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) found in tea has a positive cholesterol and lipid lowering effect.